Paediatric Emergency Department Redevelopment
Our newly upgraded Extended Emergency Care Unit (EECU) is now ready to welcome patients and their families.
The EECU North upgrades were completed as part of the third stage of the Paediatric Emergency Department Redevelopment.
Key features of the EECU North upgrade include:
- refurbished ensuite bathrooms
- a dedicated ophthalmic consultation room
- a new dirty utility room and a new clean utility room
- a new staff base
- an enlarged store room
- a dedicated area for charging and storing a resuscitation trolley
- new vinyl flooring and paintwork
- new coloured wall graphics
- new ceiling and upgraded lighting in all staff areas
The first stage of the PED Redevelopment involved upgrading the PED triage and waiting areas. The new space includes refurbished clinical support areas, larger waiting areas, bright wall graphics and a fun interactive area to entertain and distract children visiting the PED.
We have worked closely with our staff, consumers and stakeholders to ensure these works meet the needs of our patients and we have no doubt this upgraded space will allow our staff to continue to provide the highest standard of emergency care to children from across the state.