The Department of General Medicine assesses paediatric medical problems across a broad spectrum and works closely with various subspecialty units of the hospital. The work of the Department covers not only physical disease but also behavioural issues.
General paediatrics is a medical specialty which incorporates:
- Diagnosis and management of acute and chronic disorders and undifferentiated disease
- Health surveillance and illness screening
- Developmental disorders – diagnosis & management
- Coordination of care
- Communication liaison with subspecialists, general practitioners, allied health professionals, other professionals – teachers, non government organisations, etc.
- Specialist gender diversity clinic
- Patient and family advocacy
- Adolescent medicine (including eating disorders)
Our domains of practice are:
- Inpatient services
- Outpatient services
- Outreach services – Parks Community Clinic, Riverland (Telehealth)
- Clinical Practice guidelines
How to access this service
A written referral should be faxed to the Outpatient Department fax (08) 8161 6246 for the public teaching clinic.
If you would like to refer a private patient (all bulk-billed) wishing to see:
- Dr Rishi Agrawal
- Dr Jemma Anderson
- Dr David Baulderstone
- Dr Brian Conway
- Dr Asha Fuller
- Dr Kristina Martinson
- Dr Chris Pearson
- Dr Jane Rosser
- Dr Scott Sypek
- Dr David Thomas
– please fax (08) 8161 6246.
9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
Level 4, Good Friday Building
Information for families
The Department assesses paediatric medical problems across a broad spectrum and works closely with various subspecialty units of the hospital.
When you come for an appointment, please bring your child's health record (blue book) and any other information you might have about your child's health such as letters from other doctors, test results etc. If you are worried about your child's development or behaviour then school reports, letters from your child's teacher and similar information can be very useful for the doctor seeing your child.
(08) 8161 6484
All referrals – please fax: (08) 8161 6246
Department of General Medicine
Women's and Children's Hospital
72 King William Road
South Australia 5006
Head of Department of General Medicine
Dr David Baulderstone
For details on referring patients to the Department of General Medicine for a broad range of medical issues, please refer to the following referral guidelines: