Child and Adolescent Virtual Urgent Care Service
Our free Child and Adolescent Virtual Urgent Care Service connects parents with a virtual team of highly skilled emergency doctors and nurses who can assess and provide medical advice for your children, aged between 6 months and up to 18 years.
It’s the worst feeling in the world. Caring for a sick child and not knowing what to do.
We’re here to help.
Attention: If your child’s condition worsens while you are waiting for your virtual consult, please contact triple zero (000) or go to your nearest emergency department.
Accessing the service
Children and young people aged between 6 months and up to 18 years, who live in South Australia, can be seen in the Child and Adolescent Virtual Urgent Care Service.
7 days a week from 9:00am to 9.00pm
How the service works
- Using your phone, tablet or computer, click on the link above to register
- A staff member will check your details
- You will be placed in an online waiting room before speaking with an emergency nurse
- The emergency nurse will assess your child. If the nurse thinks your child needs to speak with a doctor you will be placed back in the waiting room until the doctor is free. You might also be referred to another healthcare service
We’re here to offer our best medical care for your child.
Being a virtual consultation, there may be certain limitations and in some cases, patients may be better assessed in a face-to-face consultation. Staff will advise you if this is the case for your child.
Before starting a virtual consultation, please understand that:
- To best assess your child, they must be with you and awake in order for us to provide a consultation.
- If your child has a chronic condition, you are encouraged to contact your primary care team for prescriptions, as we do not have access to your child’s medical records to verify the prescribed medication or the dose.
- You will need to contact your GP for clearance certificates to attend childcare after an illness.
Our team is committed to an inclusive and respectful environment where children, parents and staff feel safe and respected. We will not tolerate abusive, threatening or offensive language or behaviour and will lead to the termination of the virtual consultation.
We value your feedback and encourage you to provide your comments via the form below:
Recognition for our Service
We are proud to have been recognised across Australia for our innovative, patient-focussed and community minded approach.
- 2021 Premier's Excellence Awards: Joint Group Winner, Excellence in Service Delivery
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) iAwards: SA/NT and National Winners, Government and Public Sector Solution of the Year award
- 2022 CX Awards: Winner, Excellence in Public Sector: The Citizen Experience
- 2022 WCHN Excellence Awards: Excellence in Community Services