GP Liaison and Integration Unit (GPLIU)
The WCHN GP Liaison and Integration Unit (GPLIU) has been established to build relationships and collaborations between general practitioners (GPs), the Women's and Children's Hospital and WCHN community services.
We are focused on improving patient, family, carer and GP access to and navigation of WCHN services.
Meet the team
Dr Eleanor Wilson
GP Liaison and Integration Consultant
GP Liaison and Integration Project Manager
GP Liaison and Integration Administrative Officer
To improve patient health outcomes and consumer and general practitioner experiences accessing paediatric, adolescent and Women’s health care, by collaborating with general practitioners and community and hospital stakeholders to build capacity and integrate health care services.
Our values are the Women’s and Children’s Health Network values of: Compassion, Respect, Equity, Accountability, Together for Excellence; with a focus on Communication and Collaboration.
Our current initiatives
- Paediatric Emergency Department Project
- Child and Adolescent Virtual Urgent Care Service
- WCH GP Health Professionals internet page
- Collaborating with WCH emergency, medical, surgical and mental health to improve referral pathways for GPs and patients
- WCHN representation on state wide integration projects and committees
- WCHN Paediatric education opportunities for GPs
- Building collaborations and partnerships between primary care and hospital stakeholders
Please contact us:
- with your queries and feedback
- for advice and assistance to navigate and access WCHN hospital and community services
- for advice and assistance coordinating community based patient care and hospital avoidance pathways
- For paediatric upskilling and education opportunities.
9am–5pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday,
and 1:30pm–5pm Thursday
(Please mark “re:GPLIU” to ensure priority attention)