Referral Forms for WCH Outpatient Clinics
WCH outpatient departments now accept electronic referrals!
The Women’s and Children’s Hospital is the first SA Health hospital to accept electronic referrals to outpatient clinics, replacing fax and letter referrals. This started on Wednesday, 13 September 2023.
Where are the SA Health eReferral Forms?
The electronic referral forms are in the Best Practice, Medical Director, ZedMed and Genie practice management systems under the HealthLink tab that looks like this:
How do I find out more about the Statewide eReferral Program?
SA Health has all the details on their Statewide eReferral webpage.
What are the Benefits of using the SA Health eReferral system?
Notifications and improved communications:
- Real-time notification that the eReferral has arrived at the hospital
- Notified if accepted/ declined
- Additional information to referring clinician possible, with further functionality in the future
- Auto-populates demographic and clinical information including BMI (required for gynaecology referrals)
Moving away from the fax machine
- Less dependence on facsimiles and keeping up to date with changes in fax numbers
- Less chance of a referral being lost and potential failures to transmit to the correct location
- Less paper, less printing
- Will be the same system for all public hospitals once fully rolled out
- SA Health will update the templates within the HealthLink Forms platform, so in the future there will be no need to download new versions of templates for different hospital and clinics into individual GP medical centre systems.
Can all clinicians use the eReferral Program to refer to WCH?
Yes – non-GP specialists and other clinicians with the Practice Management Systems listed above can send referrals via the same process as GPs.
Can I still fax referrals to WCH?
Yes, WCH will continue to accept fax and letter referrals.
We recommend that clinicians who do have access to the HealthLink Forms use the eReferral system.
Can I send eReferrals to other SA Health hospitals?
You will be able to soon. CALHN is planned to start end of October 2023, with other hospitals to follow.