COVIDKids – Referrals
COVIDKids is a dedicated virtual service providing specialist support for children and young people diagnosed with COVID-19 requiring additional specialist review.
COVIDKids is a non-urgent service for COVID-19 positive children who:
- have pre-existing complex care needs
- require ongoing observation/clinical input
- require non-urgent face to face review.
COVIDKids assesses eligibility for, and coordinates provision of antiviral therapy to children at high risk.
To access COVIDKids, a GP referral must be provided:
Please note (current September 2022)
- Antiviral therapy to be started by day 5 (Paxlovid) or day 7 (Remdesivir)
- Email referrals received prior to 2:00pm will be reviewed the same day. Referrals after 2:00pm may be deferred until next morning.
- COVIDKids only accepts referrals via GP/Paediatrician.
COVIDKids is not an outpatient clinic. Children with suspected Long COVID-19 can be referred to the General Paediatrics department at Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Flinders Medical Centre or Lyell McEwin Hospital, or to a community paediatrician.