At the Women's and Children's Hospital (WCH) we aim to ensure that patients referred by GPs and other medical practitioners are prioritised safely, quickly and efficiently.
Referring to WCH Paediatric Outpatients
The WCH currently has referral guidelines and criteria for over 100 of the most common reasons for which GPs consider referring children. Before you write a referral, please review and use the relevant guideline and criteria.
WCH referrals are best typed into the WCH referral form templates, which are available for most GP software systems:
HealthPathways is a free online portal for GPs, practice nurses and other health professionals. Designed to be used at the point of care, HealthPathways provides easy access to comprehensive clinical information, local referral pathways, and patient resources. The HealthPathways portal is now available across South Australia.
Register your interest on the HealthPathways South Australia project site.
Referral Templates and Forms
The following referral tools are available:
- WCH Outpatient clinical software referral templates (children's and women's)
- WCH Child Development Unit Referral Form and Criteria
- WCH Paediatric Chronic Pain Service
- Country Health Connect Referral Form
– provides access to a range of community health services for any health matter – please note that paediatric patients can be referred.
- Asthma Australia patient referral
- COVID-19 Vaccination referral for Medically at Risk 12 to 15 year olds