Metropolitan Referral Unit (MRU)
The MRU provides a centralised single point of contact for a range of services to support hospital avoidance and early supported discharge, and is the only entry point for patients requiring referral to Health Care at Home and Country Home Link.
The Metropolitan Referral Unit (MRU) provides a centralised single point of contact for a range of services to support hospital avoidance and early supported discharge and is the only entry point for patients requiring referral to:
- SA Community Care at Home (SACC)
- Country Home Link (CHL)
To make a referral, contact the MRU:
- 7 days a week, 7:30am to 5pm (4pm on weekends) page the Discharge Liaison on 5898, or phone 0434 606 277
- Outside these hours fax the referral form to 8161 8204 (or extension 18204 internally).
Forms are available by clicking on the Metropolitan Referral Icon on all desktops.
The MRU also provides information on:
- Early supported discharge and hospital avoidance services
- Identifying potential transfers to country / rural hospitals / interstate
- Liaising with appropriate staff members and teams
- Organising transport arrangements for hospital transfers and discharges
- MedSTAR, RFDS, SAAS
- Patient Assistance Transport Scheme (PATS)
The MRU can assist with referrals for:
- Nursing/midwifery care
- Paediatric/neonatal care
- Medication management
- IV therapy
- Palliative care support
- Allied health services
- Accessing local community services
The office of the Metropolitan Referral Unit is located on the Ground Floor, Playdeck Building (next to Security).
0434 606 277
(08) 8161 8204