The Women’s and Children’s Health Network offers a wide variety of volunteering opportunities at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital in North Adelaide, and at various community sites.
Perhaps you would like to volunteer with patients and families or help staff behind the scenes. We match your availability, skills and experience to a role to make sure you and the staff you volunteer with have a positive experience. Below are our current vacancies and areas in which you can get involved.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the large number of applications in the first half of this year we have been fortunate enough to fill the majority of our vacant volunteer positions.
Over the coming months we will be seeking to fill some volunteer administration support positions.
Administrative Support Volunteers
Our wonderful Administration Support Volunteers make an extremely valuable contribution to the Women’s and Children’s Health Network.
They enhance our services by giving administrative support to staff in a number of units of the hospital by assisting with tasks such as filing, photocopying, restocking, picking up or delivering case notes and basic data entry.
There are several vacancies in areas where volunteers give general administrative support to staff.
We are looking for volunteers that:
- Have proven experience working or volunteering in administrative positions or
- Have transferrable skills for these roles
- Are reliable and can commit to 4 hours per week for at least 6 months
These volunteers must have:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to file in strict alphabetical order
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Basic computer knowledge (not all roles require this)
- The ability to work with direction but minimal supervision
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and notices in English.
If you are interested in this area, mention ‘Administration Support’ when applying.
Please note these positions ARE NOT work experience and do not lead to paid employment within the hospital.
If you are looking for other opportunities please check out the links below.
Volunteering SA&NT – www.volunteeringsa.org.au
Go Volunteer – http://govolunteer.com.au
Seek Volunteer – http://volunteer.com.au/Opportunity/State/SA